Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodesk CEO steps down - possibly Max PM has gone as well

Hi,

It was announced yesterday that Carl Bass has stepped down as CEO of Autodesk, there's been something bubbling under with Activist Investors for a while.

It's also been posted on CGPress that Max PM Eddie Perlberg was leaving (although the original fb post has since been deleted)

There have been a few comments posted elsewhere hinting that Maya is not the star performer considering the dev costs.

I would be interested to hear some thoughts - I've not been a fan of Bass and the obsession with the cloud/rental, but fully expecting things to get a lot worse.

Cheers

Steve

Good. Hopefully someone better steps in and fixes the mess of their decisions. I'm also pissed about their "genius" decision that you can no longer buy perpetual licenses. And that you have to pay the full price for their software if you refuse or miss to pay for each and every single yearly update which is "never broken" on release and "doesn't require" an year or two to be production ready. My dream is Chaosgroup someday becomes big enough and buys them. Could you imagine if someone like Chaosgroup were in control? I bet there would be a "few" things done differently. Autodesk should have known that you can't always please your investors and that you should put your users before constant increases in yearly profits.
    Last edited by Alex_M; 08-02-2017, 06:29 AM.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
      Good. Hopefully someone better steps in and fixes the mess of their decisions. I'm also pissed about their "genius" decision that you can no longer buy perpetual licenses. And that you have to pay the full price for their software if you refuse or miss to pay for each and every single yearly update which is "never broken" on release and "doesn't require" an year or two to be production ready. My dream is Chaosgroup someday becomes big enough and buys them. Could you imagine if someone like Chaosgroup were in control? I bet there would be a "few" things done differently. Autodesk should have known that you can't always please your investors and that you should put your users before constant increases in yearly profits.
      Wasn't thinking about ChaosGroup to be honest, more of The Foundry. But they made their choice for Modo already
      Available for remote work.
      My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

good riddance
        although I doubt things will change in the right direction

Comment

Reading some articles about Activist Investors, I'm not optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
            Could you imagine if someone like Chaosgroup were in control?...
            Easily, Alex! Once upon a time, the original creators of 3DS Max, The Yost Group, who in my opinion seemed to run things very much like Chaos Group does now, were basically in charge of mostly everything 3DS Max. I can assure you it was indeed a very good time to be a 3DS Max user.

Sadly, with a publicly traded company like Adesk in charge, things have been very different.

Ah, for the good ole' days...

-Alan

Comment

Pixologic should buy Autodesk then we would get few years of free upgrades
              Luke Szeflinski
              :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Working...
              X