Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3Ds max GUI lag - long save since 2013... any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Ds max GUI lag - long save since 2013... any ideas?

Hey

Has any1 ever figure out how ti fix max GUI lag and long save files?

I have m.2 driver 3.4gb/read/2.4gb write or something like that and saving 200mb file takes 2 min more or less.

Also max super laggy, Openning F10 settings can take up to a minute or more... am I the only one?

Regards
    Dariusz
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Sounds all slow to me. Maybe provide a test scene so we can compare times?

On thing regarding save times - check if the option Compress on Save (Customize > Preferences > Files Tab) is on/off. Turning it off should save faster but results in larger max files. A fast SSD will not wait until the data is compressed by the CPU this way. A similar option exists in Photoshop for the same reason for example.

Daniel
    Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

I did not do any measurements but I have noticed that after upgrade to 3.5 my scenes take noticeable more time to save that in previous versions with similar weight.
      Best Regards

Tomek

Portfolio: http://dtown.pl/

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
        On thing regarding save times - check if the option Compress on Save (Customize > Preferences > Files Tab) is on/off.
        I was going to say exactly this. Compress on save can really slow things down.

As for opening up settings, is your v-ray license accessed over the network? That's the only thing I can think of.
        MDI Digital
        moonjam

Comment

Hey

Cant use uncompressed, scenes end up being 5gb+

Every scene is slow. Just lag after lag. Even opening Composite shader with 5 + textures in it can take up to 10 seconds +

Vray License is remote....hmmmmm

SSD speed is M.2 Sm 961 1tb Samsung.

Regards
          Dariusz

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal) View Post
            Cant use uncompressed, scenes end up being 5gb+
            Ahhh, so the 200MB scene files are compressed from 5GB? That definitely explains the slow save.

As for everything else, are the textures on the network or local? How big are the maps? For a test, I would take a scene you know is slow, move the vray license/dongle to your local machine as well as all the assets and then see how it runs. If it's still really slow then something might be amiss, but if not then it's probably taking time over your network to shift everything around.
            MDI Digital
            moonjam

Comment

Hey

No sorry, atm the last test I did was 2.8gb-3gb data down to 750mb compression save time around very long :- ( I'll measure but I guess 5-15 mins.

All textures/models/proxies are on the same HDD in local workstation that runs M.2 driver.

I dont think its vray related. I changed to Iray for test and the same result... super slow GUI Drawing and refresh.

Attached short video example.

This gets only longer on bigger scenes...SettingsGUI.zip

Regards
              Dariusz

Comment

Working...
              X