Script to sequence text numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script to sequence text numbers?

Anyone know if there is a way to sequence text numbers in 3dsmax (2017)? For example, I want to create an array of text around the camera, with each text being a number from, say 1-100.

I recall Railclone can do something like this (there was a locker numbering tutorial a few years ago I think) but I wondered if there was something native/simpler.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Originally posted by tricky View Post
    Anyone know if there is a way to sequence text numbers in 3dsmax (2017)? For example, I want to create an array of text around the camera, with each text being a number from, say 1-100.

I recall Railclone can do something like this (there was a locker numbering tutorial a few years ago I think) but I wondered if there was something native/simpler.
    Do you need help with the actual scattering, or just with the numbers?

If you you already have text and you copied (not instanced) it around a few times, then select all of them and then stick this into the listener:
    Code:
     for m1 in selection do ( m1.text = ((random 1 100) as String) )
    This will also work if you applied for example an extrude modifier to the text
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Interesting - thanks Morne. I've not used this kind of thing before. I've actually got a partial solution working using Railclone which is quite nice - I can get it to display 0-999 in sequence along a line. That's great, but now I am trying to figure how to do every 10, eg 10,20,30...

I have posted a question on the Itoosoft forum - they are generally nice and quick in responding.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket

Comment

Ah ok, in the meantime, without RailClone:
        If it's a sequence you're after, then take 1 text object and copy it along your path (select the text object and use shit+I key combination to copy it around your path as you want)
        Then select all the text and stick this in the listener:
        Code:
        tnumber = 10; for m1 in selection do ( m1.text = ((tnumber) as String); tnumber = tnumber + 10 )
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
          Ah ok, in the meantime, without RailClone:
          If it's a sequence you're after, then take 1 text object and copy it along your path (select the text object and use shit+I key combination to copy it around your path as you want)
          Then select all the text and stick this in the listener:
          Code:
          tnumber = 10; for m1 in selection do ( m1.text = ((tnumber) as String); tnumber = tnumber + 10 )
          Awesome!Thanksforthat.
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket

Comment

Not sure what you want to do exactly, but maybe the Displays plugin from Tom Hudson can help you.
            Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Working...
            X