Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_hinks View Post

Hi,
    I'm looking to implement this exact workflow for versioning, either using a pre-render script or using an event plugin with Deadline. What you described is exactly what I'm after, but possibly with the renders in the root of the folder, not within a latest folder, but that's not a major point.

I'm no coder so I cant imagine I'll be able to work it out, but if you fancy having a go, that would be amazingly useful!!

Thanks
    That's something I will definitely implement in the future.
    Currently, I am at the beginning of building my own workflow with a couple of scripts involved.
    Hopefully will take a break for a vacation and will start implementing these small time-saving things.
    Though, if you are in a hurry - there are a lot of maxscript coders here which will help you to do such thing!
    Last edited by Oleg_Budeanu; 08-06-2018, 03:41 AM.
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Cool, yes if someone thinks they can help, DM me. Very keen.

Comment

Hi PG1,

We had the similar issue so we decided to write a PS plugin for one click replacement called Pulze Post Manager. We have been working on the open beta version and any kind of comment is highly appreciated. You can download it for free at the official site: https://pulze.io/products/post-manager
        Best,
        Attila

Comment

I'll add to this thread with a question.

Finally got round to trying this option with linked smart objects but already hit the first roadblock and couldn't find anything online so far. This is what I did:

01: Place the different renderpass tiff's into a single file as linked smart objects.
          02: Work on the post effects by copying the original layer to the "work group" and assign masks/corrections ect non destructively.
          03: Copy and overwrite the original tiff's with the latest renders
          04: update the linked smart objects
          05: all the smart objects are about 25% size.....?

I thought it was down to a layer that was bigger than the actual resolution in the work folder (flare in this case) so I cropped the file to match the originals again so this one layer would match. But that also made everything 25% smaller....

Any ideas? Besides going to Pulze or something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Attila Cselovszki View Post
            Hi PG1,

We had the similar issue so we decided to write a PS plugin for one click replacement called Pulze Post Manager. We have been working on the open beta version and any kind of comment is highly appreciated. You can download it for free at the official site: https://pulze.io/products/post-manager
            Best,
            Attila

Your subscription-only PS Plugin of £9 monthly costs the same as a monthly subscription to a full Photoshop, full Lightroom and 20Gb of storage !!

And Affinity only costs £30 odd pounds to own.... which for your yearly subscription pricing of £75 for your little script you could OWN Affinity Photo AND Affinity Designer AND Affinity Publisher outright !!! (okay, at a push with a little discount from Affinity, but they do often give those).

So your pricing just doesn't seem right....

I'd say £20-£35 for a Perpetual version and maybe £10, whenever, to update (then purchasing of it becomes a no-brainer).
            Last edited by JezUK; 12-09-2019, 07:40 AM.
            Jez

------------------------------------
            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Double that. No way I'm going to pay monthly for an utility script. I'd rather buy perpetual license. But hey, who am I to stand in the front of "earn money" strategy?
              Available for remote work.
              My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
              X