Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3ds max 2016 layer explorer layer visiblity overrides subobjects visibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max 2016 layer explorer layer visiblity overrides subobjects visibility?

Haven't found anything to solve this so thought I would post the question here;

My workflow is based on turning layers on and off depending on whats needed as my models are built in autocad. For example in layer "RC_windows" I'll have the autocad polyline, the railclone base segments and the actual RC object that needs to be rendered. Normally within this layer I would turn off the visibility of the autocad polyline and the rc segments so that I only have the RC object visible. And I do this for a load of layers.

I just realised that now in 2016 (recently upgraded from 2014) that if you select multiple layers at once and turn them on all the subobjects in those layers gets turned on. Meaning in the above example that all the rc segments also become visible and are rendered. It no longer respects the visibility as set as subobject level.

Is there a setting that allows the layer explorer to only determine the vibility of the layer and not override the subobjects which it is now doing? It doesn't do it when you select a single layer. But I don't want to have to select 20 layers one-by-one just to turn something on...

Thanks!

fixed in 2017.

Comment

Thanks,

Although I have the suspicion the upgrade to 17 wouldn't be worth it. Already feel like I'm going down the rabbit hole with 16, no way I'm going deeper with 17. Guess I'll just edit my workflow. Thanks Autodesk!

Comment

Originally posted by dean_dmoo View Post
        Thanks,

Although I have the suspicion the upgrade to 17 wouldn't be worth it. Already feel like I'm going down the rabbit hole with 16, no way I'm going deeper with 17. Guess I'll just edit my workflow. Thanks Autodesk!
        It may worth to test 2017.
        I know some users having issues.
        But, there are also many of them without issues(or at least not worse than 2016).
        Also you can always save back to 2016 if you have issues.

Comment

Working...
        X