Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GearVR 360Photos update

Guys,

I noticed Oculus has updated today their 360Photos app. And looks to me it screwed everything. All me previous cubemaps are out of focus, out of scale...and it makes you feel sick after 5 seconds.
    Unfortunately, I cant find a way to roll back on previous versions! Can anyone try and confirm? Or, if you know any alternative apps to view our renderings in GearVR.
    In the real Oculus Rift for PC, they look fine. Yet....

I am so pis##d! Deadlines coming, clients waiting....all for an app update!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170417-161727.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	887528

www.vrto.me
    Stan

Comment

No room for publicity here Stan! Be helpful instead :P
      (Although, I have used your service before. It works great on desktop mode with a real Rift, but it is complicated in mobile, disabling Oculus service, phone suffers performance lags with html etc...Plus client wont be happy to pay extra for pictures he viewed for free before)

Any workaround guys?

Comment

whats' wrong with the orbx viewer for cubemaps? it was the first and still works the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilg View Post
          whats' wrong with the orbx viewer for cubemaps? it was the first and still works the best.
          Never used it, always used to the default one that comes with GearVR. Can I view my own images with that? Let me check it out quickly!

I can't...or I don't know how. I only see Orbx Media and Metaverse browser. None of these allows me to see my own images

Edit: Ok...I let the app download some samples, and I copied my own images in the same folder and now I can see them. Works!

Sweet!
          Last edited by sheehan_partners_nm; 18-04-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sheehan_partners_nm View Post
            Edit: Ok...I let the app download some samples, and I copied my own images in the same folder and now I can see them. Works!
            Does your files stay in that folder, or does the app automatically share it with the community in the background?
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
              Does your files stay in that folder, or does the app automatically share it with the community in the background?
              I think is a local folder. The app doesn't ask you to create an account or anything so I am not part of any community (as far as I know)
              Oculus really screw it up this time, they haven't fixed the official app yet. Also I noticed that same rendering, with spherical projection (not cubical), if the stereo couple is side by side, it works. Up and down it is messed up.
              And again, same stereo couple if viewed directly from the Rift and not GearVR, same 360Photos app, works correctly with both SBS and Up&Down.

Can't believe developers released this version without proper testing.... thanks god ORBX saved my deadline!

Comment

Working...
              X