Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people using windows 10 with 3dsmax 2016 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people using windows 10 with 3dsmax 2016 ...

We just started to upgrade to Win 10, and on the surface is great!
    The thing we liked a lot about Win10 was deployment is way easier as one installed Image (using Acronis) can be deployed on different hardware computers and windows self adjusts to match the hardware.. win7 requires different images per chipset.

However we noticed one issue that is wont let us fully commit.... It seems that some heavy scenes -( 3gb masterplan types) that open fine in windows 7 on the same machine, will crash on opening on windows 10 with same version of max... it seems to be related to the video drivers... but even after updating them it seems like sometimes this heavy files work and some times not... We tried this with several computers (with different specs) and in mostly the behavior is the same.

Are most people still on windows 7?

Or has someone experience the same and was able to overcome it somehow... we want to be able to use Win10, but not being able to open huge files randomly can be a big issue.

M.

I'm not sure if it's the same issue but I've had some scenes that crash on opening with the same config. They are not all huge scenes BTW but they definitely opened fine before. I can routinely get them to open though by setting Max 2016 to open in compatibility mode set to Windows 8 or 7, works every time. It messes up the window a tiny bit so I usually set it back after I'm done with that project. Similarly, I get a crash even if I try to merge anything from one of the problem projects if I'm not operating in compatibility mode. Worth a try.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yes we tried compatibility mode and it worked... Have you noticed no issues working in compatibility mode when you need to?
      And if you send one of those to network render (backburner or deadline) do the render nodes work fine rendering the file?

Thanks for your input, we will continue to try things here.

M.

Comment

I haven't noticed any specific problems that would only happen in compatibility mode (other than the max window edges), at least nothing I can put my finger on. I don't do much backburner rendering but haven't had problems using DR on several mixed nodes (windows 7 and windows 10).
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Thats good news! DR is similar than network rendering.

Thanks for your reply.
          Will probably deploy this weekend.

M.

Comment

Working...
          X