Chicago HDRI + backplates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago HDRI + backplates

Anyone has (or knows where to purchase) any HDRI images of Chicago with the relative backplates?
    All I found googling was this, but they don't show any price or more information, so I am a bit skeptical...

https://www.maground.com/sf/node/ima...e=1&gridType=2
    https://www.moofe.com/info/mailer-chicago-spaces-1602

Anyone has experience in shooting HDRIs? I can get the needed tools but I have never done it myself, so I don't know much about them.
    Suggestion for websites that sell HDRI for city locations they you guys have tested and work fine from a lighting point of view?

The website does say that if you want a cost calculation you can contact them.

In order to shoot your own High resolution HDRI's you'll need the following.

1. Camera One that can shoot HDR by default.
    2. Fisheye or extreme wide angle lense I recommend one with the ability to put a rear gelatin filter in the back.
    3. 360 Pano head I recommend Nodal Ninja.
    4. Tripod.
    5. ND Filter for the rear of the lense to be able to capture all the Dynamic range needed.
    6. Stitching software, I currently use PTGui
    7. I would highly recommend something like the Promote control in order to shoot as many stops of dynamic range as you can, as most
    cameras only go up to 9 stops max.
    8. It's also recommended to carry another lense with you to shoot backplates something like a 24 - 105 should work well.
    9. A macbeth chart to get the correct colour information is a good idea, but it's not essential.

Cheers.

Comment

Factory35 might be worth a look, backplates aren't cheap.. it's an expensive thing to capture and process the HDRIs quite time consuming at the moment!
      Maxscript made easy....
      davewortley.wordpress.com
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Never mind, I got an estimate...this guys are either a joke, or think a freelancer has Hollywood budget! They asked 1930$ for a single HDRI! 1930 bloody dollars!!! Plus extra 100$ for each back plate to match the background...
        Last edited by sheehan_partners_nm; 03-05-2017, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I have worked with LCP360 out of Chicago.

Originally posted by sheehan_partners_nm View Post
          Never mind, I got an estimate...this guys are either a joke, or think a freelancer has Hollywood budget! They asked 1930$ for a single HDRI! 1930 bloody dollars!!! Plus extra 100$ for each back plate to match the background...
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sheehan_partners_nm View Post
            You can always negotiate... Try Factory 35... there are also a number of free HDRs that you could try and match with a stock photo.
            noEmotion HDRs are pretty darn good.

dave
            Maxscript made easy....
            davewortley.wordpress.com
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
              I have worked with LCP360 out of Chicago.
              Thanks Bobby. Anyway I will skip it, and illuminate my scene with any free hdri found online. It is not critical be exactly Chicago, it would have been nice though... All these online sellers are too expensive and def not worth it!

Comment

Working...
              X