ProEXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProEXR

I guess I missed the memo, but I see that ProEXR (and all the other fnord thingies) is now free. So now everyone can open .vrimg files in AfterEffects and Photoshop!
    **** as long as you rename them to .vri first. ****
    - Geoff

cool! thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

never had to rename them though
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

TXK for the info, downloading now
        Cheers,
        -dave
        â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Yay! Thanks for sharing this news. I can confirm vrimg doesn't need to be renamed (at least in CS5)

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
            Yay! Thanks for sharing this news. I can confirm vrimg doesn't need to be renamed (at least in CS5)
            Holy crap, ok I admit haven't used ProEXR till now but this is sweet! Just open the vrimg file with no renaming (in PS CS5 and CC2017 here too) and bam! its in there and all the elements are in layers! Im gonna have so much fun with this ok yea Im a little excited lol.
            Cheers,
            -dave
            â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

does it work if you save out your render as an open exr? using CC2017... As i just get the beauty pass...?

Comment

You need to select the bottommost icon in the save image button, something like "save all channels" (I'm not in front of vray right now).
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yep ProEXR is an invaluable tool. The ability to read vrimg directly is vital because to this day V-Ray still can't import an EXR with its channels in the vfb.

mekene

Comment

Originally posted by theedge View Post
                    Yep ProEXR is an invaluable tool. The ability to read vrimg directly is vital because to this day V-Ray still can't import an EXR with its channels in the vfb.
                    you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but why would you import an exr into the VFB?

Comment

Originally posted by coolhand78 View Post

you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but why would you import an exr into the VFB?
                      To be able to load a vrimg rendering in the vfb, do a region render and save the updated vrimg with all its channels.
                      Very useful when doing lots of last minute local changes on 8000 px renderings without having to re-render the whole image every time.

mekene

Comment

I find that I DO have to rename the .vrimg files to .vri for AfterEffects to read them, but not Photoshop.
                        - Geoff

Comment

I am thinking of adopting ProExr into my workflow. I had seen it was now free and regarded generally as an excellent product. I did notice on-the fnord site that the proexr creator links to http://www.exr-io.com/features/

I want to try one or the other, anyone with experience with exr-io? Pro-con between the two?
                          mark f.
                          openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

here's another ignorant question...

but if you render to a farm and set the output locations in the render settings in max, how do you get it to save all the render elements in the .exr file...? i've tried a few different things but every time i open it in photoshop with pro exr i just get the beauty render...?

Comment

Has anyone else had any luck important VRIMG sequences into after effects CC without needing to rename the files?
                              http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

Working...
                              X