Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest Vray Build???

Hi guys,

I bought Vray last week. Now i am wondering whats the latest build of Vray. Is 1.45 is a beta Build??? is it safe to use for production????
    Any comments Pls...

Thanks,
    /Ryan
    if you find a bug...kill it.

many people are using it in production, and many aren't. Its not officially considered a "production ready" build though.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

hi percy,

which onw would you suggest i would install? should i install 1.09 before 1.45? or i should go straight to 1.45..?

Ryan
      if you find a bug...kill it.

Comment

all I can say is that I have had no problems, and neither have alot of others. If your between production jobs, give the latest a try. Its nice.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I use 1.45.70 no problems, not one crash since ive been using it.

I would suggest to look at the bugs section, see what snt working 100% yet., then compare to 1.09 to see which fits your need better.

Comment

It is always a debate if you shoudl go with older more reliable software of newer one.

If you are between projects (or just starting to use the software), I would tend to go with the newer one, especially if your new project is long term since you can grow your project with the newer one. If your project is short term and and you are concerned about bugs (which there are fewer in 1.09 then 1.45 technically), then do 1.09 now and do 1.45 (or 1.5 if it is out) on the next pojrect. Just keep in mind that you will have to start with a whole new licensing system, a new install etc... you so you will have to go through the whole authorization, and get it up and running thing, twice, and that can be a pain.

Comment

how long is that?

i have unhandled exceptions all the time with the latest demo.

if stability is so much better i may switch from lurker mode to customer mode when 1.5 is released.

Comment

Ive had very few exceptions, in fact I think they were always when I ran out of memory.

Comment

how long is that? icon_wink.gif

Since july like most people here. Is the demo 1.09?

I like the new version, minor issues that dont work, but there are ways around most of them in post. (if you even need them right now)

Comment

Well , we use it for several month now in production.

While also me has detected some bugs that are left, (especially anisotrophic reflections together with fake highlights), and also thinking of the missing distributed options, we couldnt step back to the old version.

when you make interiors, the lightmap option is unbeatable fast. in setuptime and also rendertime. also some other options make it worth for us right now.

but you are right you should look at the bug section and see what still is difficult. if there´s anything that is absolutely important to you, just ask again here, becouse there are often workarrounds (like for the distributed thing).
                    than take your decision.

Tom

Comment

how long is that?

if stability is so much better i may switch from lurker mode to customer mode when 1.5 is released.
                      No big problems with 1.45.* here either, been using it in production for months. And there is no demo of the 1.5 beta yet, so you must be talking about the 1.09.03 demo?
                      Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

And there is no demo of the 1.5 beta yet, so you must be talking about the 1.09.03 demo?
                        correct.

i get exceptions when using displacement.

Comment

I believe the dynamic raycaster in the latest build can help with that.

Comment

And there is no demo of the 1.5 beta yet, so you must be talking about the 1.09.03 demo?
                            correct.
                            i get exceptions when using displacement.
                            Then why bring it up in a discussion regarding 1.45.70, if you are not even using it? Anyway, the displacement in 1.09.03 and 1.45.70 is very different. The new version is partly rewritten and heavily optimized. Typically renders 3-4 times faster than in 1.09.03, and I get no exceptions when I use it.
                            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

reading you postings EGZ i get the impression you are like some religious warrior seeing nothing then enemies they need to fight.

i write my posting because i can and i really see no reason why you have to ask me why i do it.

but i will ask you a question.
                              is it only 1.09.3r that has this exceptions errors or have all versions before 1.09.03r such problems too?

i think it´s justified to ASK if stabilty has that much increased, because stability is not a strong point of vray and never was.

beside it is a great renderer i never had more crashes with max.

Comment

Working...
                              X