Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autocad files in max forming 1 big mesh

Hi,

I need to import a dxf file into max. It's pretty big and when I import it, the whole scene consist of only a few big joined meshes. Half of the building for example is 1 mesh. I don't know if there's a problem in the dxf or in the import process into max.

Someone has some experience with dxf files in max to give me some tips for successfully importing it?

Thanks for your help!

regards,

flipside
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

I use .dwg and fortunately haven't had bad expiriences untill now.

Comment

If you use dwg and no dxf, the import is perfect for me because the dxf is very more big (~10x dwg = 1x dxf)

Vince
      Architecture & design Sàrl
      global solution for architecture
      www.architecture-design.ch

Comment

Can you open the file in autocad? if the objects are on differnet layers, I think you can ask mask to creat one object per layer. If not, ther's nothing you can do about it... unless they are blocks w=hich then can be converted in different objects on the import in max.

Comment

Problem is I don't have autocad

I now got the file in max with every object as a seperate part. I saved it as 3ds and got it into rhino, because rhino is much easier for selecting every part. I need to delete all interior parts because only exterior renders are needed, so I'm cleaning up the file inside rhino.

Thanks for the replies! more tips are welcome

regards,

flipside
          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
          X