Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smal maxscript Question.

Hi

Yes i know it is simple, you are right. Problem is i just until now had the time to make maxscript.

Well i wantet to put the new Bridge tool in max 7 to our new shortcuts.

for example alt + B should be "bridge with settings". In the maxscript listener i get the max script for this, and also can make a button with it.

i cant acess the shortcut in the customisze userinterface dialog. they just seemed to have forgotten the bridge tool here.

any ideas how to make this tool available to a shortcut ?

Tom

nowone knows how todo this

Comment

Don't know if I understand your question correctly, but could it be that you have not evaluated the script? Then it won't appear in the customize user interface.
      You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Did it work Tom?

Otherwise it should look something like this:
        macroScript BridgeSelectedPolys category:"AdditionalPolyEditTools"
        (
        $.bridgeSelected = 1
        $.EditablePoly.Bridge ()
        )

evaluate the script and it will appear under a new category in your Customize window.
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Hi GiJs

sorry i didnt look for a while in my post.

ill try that.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Gijs.

Well first, i never did maxscript at all. So now i´ve thrown in your script. evaluated, and oh merlin is here, it apeared in the customisze ui dialog. it works.

anoterh reason for sometime to deal with maxscript.

now, what would i have to write in to let the bridge settings appear, and where could i find this if you wasnt there ? the maxscript help ?

Tom

Comment

To be honest, I am fairly new to MaxScript as well. There are some examples in the MaxScript help (see HowTo section).

What I did is more or less the same as you first did. I start MaxScript listener and bridged a few polys. Then copied the two lines to a new script and copied the first line from the how to section of the help and placed the code between brackets. So it becomes like:

macroscript SomeName category:"CategoryName"
              (
              code
              )

Comment

Working...
              X