Tin Ceiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tin Ceiling

I've tried googling around a bit, but I can't seem to find any. Does anyone here have, or know where I can get some tin ceiling prints that I can use with VrayDisplacement, or know how to make them easily.

Thanks

my sugestion is to model one modul, then render the Z-depth and use it for the displacement

Comment

Do you mean something like this material? I made this using a simple displacement map. Let me know if you are interested.

Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

Hey timmatron, really nice material btw !!!

i thought it was this tin ceiling ( google)

Comment

model a section yourself. then add a uvw map then using texporter there should be an option which i think gives you the equivilent of a zbuffer on your model.

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

OH! Hehehe, I guess I was WAY off!

Next time I should do my research first. Later!
            Tim Nelson
            timnelson3d.com

Comment

Yeah, tin ceiling is the blocked ceiling pattern, but that is an excellent material Timmatron.

However, while the squares like that are rather easy to model, I was looking for something a bit more ornate, that would be outside my modeling skills. Hmm, thanks anyways guys.

Comment

yes...timmatron...now you show, now you have to share !

Comment

hehehe...Olivier is right...I'd like to see that displacement texture as well, timmatron .....that's a really good material

paul.

Comment

tin ceiling...

I seem to remember seeing some very high resolution photos on the web of a very ordinary tin ceiling product. You might do a google search of the tradename (now bear with me) "lincrusta".

Phonetically, it's "lynn-crust-ah". It was/is a very common ceiling material type. It could also be a company name.

Give it a go. I'll bet you can come up with a bunch of vendor/supplier catalog images that would be useful as bump maps and displacement map materials.

Comment

Ok, here is the map...its really easy to make. Somebody else could make one thats better than this but it works ok. Just add this in displacement & use about 1". I also use a shift amount of -1" to keep it in place.

Then just play around with your glossy. I set my to about .9 and seems to work ok.
                      Tim Nelson
                      timnelson3d.com

Comment

thanks for the map timmatron,

hypnotic...
                        must look away from screen...
                        when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Working...
                        X