No announcement yet.

No more Tech support on 1.09.xx build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Tech support on 1.09.xx build?

Just curious, how many of you out there are using the Beta build for production?

We are still using 1.09.03r because there seems to be new bugs popping out left and right with the new build. To make the matter worse, it looks like ChaosGroup has concentrated their 100% effort on the Beta and has no energy left to take care of 1.09.03r.

The strange thing is that even though ChaosGroup doesn't recommend using Beta build for production, they are in no hurry to put out a proper Max7 version of 1.09.03 build with a patch to Backburner. I mean 1.45.08 has that patch but not 1.09.03r.

Am I the only one disappointed with ChoasGroup here?

I'm sure that the vray geniuses are hard at work addressing these issues. Patience or they'll force you to use Maxwell Renderer...
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Once the bugs are out for 1.45 it will turn into 1.5 and make 1.09 obsolete. There is no reason for them to concentrate on 1.09. It would me like asking Dsicreet to make a bug fix on Max 5.1. Everyday it looks closer.

Comment

I can see your point, cpnichols. You are right on the money.

However, my point is that 1.09.03r being the official release at this moment; shouldn't ChaosGroup at least pay some attention to it? It's like Discreet saying all the bugs in Max7 will be fixed in Max8 and if you want, go ahead and use Max8 Beta for production at your own risk.

I could be wrong but I am under the impression that 1.09.03r is the most stable version of Vray on the market and thus makes it production ready. If you go online and buy Vray today, 1.09.03r is the one you get, not 1.45.xx.

Comment

you do have a point. its been quite awhile since they released a later version then the 1.09xx thats considered production ready.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
          X