Display Texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Texture

Simply clicking display texture, when using a bitmap, makes my geometry disappear. It is really maddening to always have to fight 3DS MAX. Has anybody experienced this before?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Changing the graphic mode down and back up worked, but it happened again. The second time swapping the graphic mode didn't help.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Is it a VrayBlend Material? Those are unsupported in the viewport...

Comment

Not that I know of. It is working okay now.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

This is a known problem and it appears to be a combination of a few things: Windows 10 Creator's Update, newer nVidia drivers.

I've been dealing with this issue for quite some time. Typically a simple restart of the computer will fix the issue, but it does come back more, that I would care for it to.

This is a problem on both Max 2017 and Max 2018. I do not experience this problem in Max 2016.

Autodesk is currently working with nVidia to solve this issue along with a few other "bugs" where the viewports will crash, yet Max will still function properly.
          Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
          Midwest Studios

Comment

Originally posted by Donald2B View Post
            This is a known problem and it appears to be a combination of a few things: Windows 10 Creator's Update, newer nVidia drivers.

I've been dealing with this issue for quite some time. Typically a simple restart of the computer will fix the issue, but it does come back more, that I would care for it to.

This is a problem on both Max 2017 and Max 2018. I do not experience this problem in Max 2016.

Autodesk is currently working with nVidia to solve this issue along with a few other "bugs" where the viewports will crash, yet Max will still function properly.
            It's good to know that it isn't just me. I'll look forward to the fix, in a year or so
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely annoying.

You can work around the issue entirely by switching back to Nitrous DirectX 9, though you will notice a significant performance drop.

You can also switch to using the High-Quality setting for the shaded viewport. Then turn off AO and Cast Shadows and it's works fairly well. Performance hit isn't quite as bad, but it's not ideal for the larger scenes with lots of bitmap textures.
              Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
              Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
              X