Trying to fill a shapes with shapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to fill a shapes with shapes

I have a problem that I think should possible to solve with PFlow, but I'm not having much luck.

I need to fill a 2D shape with circles or spheres (doesn't really matter). And specific colors need to be assigned to specific percentages of them. I can't seem to figure out how to make PFlow's "Keep Apart" and "Split Amount" operators do my bidding. Not in this static scene, anyhow.

Attached is a screenshot of my best attempt at doing this with Multiscatter. But I need the objects to be packed as closely as possible, and I need the objects to stay within the bounds of the shape. I've gotten about as close as this with ForestPack Lite, but with some slightly different issues.

It just occurred to me that I might be able to pack them in properly using Unity's 2D physics engine. Just pour them in and stir it up.

Hope someone can help. I need to do like 12 different versions of this thing.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    - Geoff

Do the circles filling the shape have to be set radii or can they be random? There is a circle packing mcg by Vu on scriptspot. Do you have Illlustrator? This works a bit better- https://forums.adobe.com/thread/732621 You could always set the colours afterwards with MaterialByElement.
    www.meetup.com/3DLondon

Comment

Thanks! All these things get me reeeeaaaaallllyy close to making it happen, but not quite. I've managed to figure out how to make Multicatter get me almost there by cranking the max amount way up to 100,000 - even though it only creates around 300 objects. But the objects are still crossing the border and I can't seem to make the Border Behaviour controls do anything. Maybe the client won't mind if the border objects aren't full circles...
      - Geoff

Comment

Working...
      X