Possibly corrupt scene troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly corrupt scene troubleshooting

i have a scene that's obviously become corrupt in some way. been trying to troubleshoot what's caused it. takes forever to load and if I delete everything and just leave a basic box and save that out it's bloated to about 400mb.... deleting everything and just saving it with nothing but a single vray light saves to about 370mb and takes about 10minutes or so to open.... thought it may have to do with some growfx stuff that broke it, but even when that stuff gets deleted and just saving single meshes or objects from it the file sizes are huge and take forever to load/save - however once these scenes do load the'res no problem working with them.... any ideas? has anyone ever run into this problem? working in max 2016.... thanks in advance for any suggestions/solutions

I have encountered a similar problem some time ago with a file downloaded from the internet. In my case it was hundreds of animated tracks in Curve Editor/Track View. Maybe it's a similar issue so it's worth a try to check and delete them.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

There used to be a problem with note track accumulating and bloating files.

Last edited by DanielBrew; 15-11-2017, 09:42 AM.
      Dan Brew

Comment

Try to enter this command in the listener:

t=trackviewnodes;n=t[#Max_MotionClip_Manager];deleteTrackViewController t n.controller;gc()

Any luck?

Comment

Try this tool... it can help you to clean your scene.
          http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleaner
          paolo vaja
          www.3d-arch.it

Comment

Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
            Try to enter this command in the listener:

t=trackviewnodes;n=t[#Max_MotionClip_Manager];deleteTrackViewController t n.controller;gc()

Any luck?
            Hell Yah!! That worked alright. File sizes on a couple of items i had exported from the original scene causing this problem are still a little larger than they should be, but they open up hella quick. Thanks for that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-16_0729_001.png
Views:	48
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	974597
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-16_0729.png
Views:	47
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	974598

Comment

Glad it worked!