advice regarding Lynda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice regarding Lynda?

I'm preparing myself for my eventually escape from Autodesk and I was thinking taking some online classes for Archicad, Cinema4D, Blender for now and I was wondering if any of you have tried Lynda or any other online classes?
    Lynda offers 30 days free access, regardless of that I would like to know if there are more/better options.

Thanks in advanced

Fernando

show me the money!!

I used Lyna.com for years. Their stuff is really good.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Thanks, Bobby!!! ....I think the price is a good deal as well for all the info available(...$29 a month )
      show me the money!!

Comment

Same, Lynda has very good tutorials. Used it to start learning Revit back in time...

Comment

I can access Lynda courses for free through my local library website. Pluralsight.com has some good courses too.
          Greg Geffert
          Spectrum Brands
          www.greggeffert.com

Comment

Thanks, I am going to try it first month by month and If I like it then the full year.
            show me the money!!

Comment

I've used Lynda in the past but definitely felt it was more geared toward Adobe and web-development material and the 3D content I looked into wasn't all that great; at least not for the stuff I was looking for. Perhaps it's better now but it seems you still can't download the files used in the tutorials unless you sign up for their Premium subscription. If you are able to find the courses you like though, Lynda is a perfectly good service.

I would suggest you at least look into Pluralsight. It's what I use now, mostly because they have a ton of content for learning Houdini. I love that I can watch the tutorials at faster than real time speed and there is a note-taking feature that ties your notes to the time in the video you made the note. You can also download associated files for each of the courses. Good luck.

Edit: I see Lynda has lowered their prices somewhat so it's equivalent in cost to Pluralsight if you want to work with the files discussed in the tutorials.
              Last edited by Bathyscaph; 23-12-2017, 03:33 PM.
              Steve Burke
              www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bathyscaph View Post
                I've used Lynda in the past but definitely felt it was more geared toward Adobe and web-development material and the 3D content I looked into wasn't all that great; at least not for the stuff I was looking for. Perhaps it's better now but it seems you still can't download the files used in the tutorials unless you sign up for their Premium subscription. If you are able to find the courses you like though, Lynda is a perfectly good service.

I would suggest you at least look into Pluralsight. It's what I use now, mostly because they have a ton of content for learning Houdini. I love that I can watch the tutorials at faster than real time speed and there is a note-taking feature that ties your notes to the time in the video you made the note. You can also download associated files for each of the courses. Good luck.

Edit: I see Lynda has lowered their prices somewhat so it's equivalent in cost to Pluralsight if you want to work with the files discussed in the tutorials.

Couldn't agree more.

I've tried Lynda several times and personally always felt it never quite hits the spot.

Pluralsight I can't recommend enough.

But my own best experiences have been to search YouTube - targeting what you're specifically looking to learn.
                Last edited by JezUK; 25-12-2017, 03:25 PM.
                Jez

------------------------------------
                3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Working...
                X