Anyone else been stung by Adobe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else been stung by Adobe?

We have a few unused licenses of Adobe products that I needed to cancel. When I too the licenses on, they were advertised as being about ?17 per month. That sounds quite reasonable and gives flexibility to add licenses and then remove them when necessary. Cool!

Today, I tried to cancel a few licenses, but was told that I can't as they are 'locked in' until my Team membership is renewed at the end of this year! So, I now have unused licenses kicking around that I am paying upwards of ?60 or ?70 a month for!

So annoyed. In my view this is false advertising. Adobe could do so much better.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

I did a mistake and added a license. I tried to remove it but couldn't and forgot about it. A few months later I tried again, still couldn't remove it so I called the hotline and learned that licenses can only be removed by Adobe staff - not sure why. Anyway, I insisted that I added it by accident and that it was a mistake, they removed the license and I even got a full refund. Maybe try again and tell them it was by accident and team managing doesn't work on your end for some reason... or their site throws an error you don't understand and it blocks you from managing the team's licenses. Or something like that

Comment

Yes, I had that happen. The cheapest price is if you lock in for a year. It is still monthly, however, it's the year contract that they get you on.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I put my foot down and they have cancelled my unused licenses without penalty. In the future, it is worth looking at 'individual' licenses rather than 'team' licences. Individual ones can be month-by-month, but it costs 50% more for that flexibility.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Working...
        X