Asset Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Library

I've been adding to and managing my asset libraries for years. Maps, Models other stuff. I try to extract anything that's new that I may have created or acquired for a project and add it to my library(s).

For models I render a 800x600 preview in a studio rig. I have preview folders so I can see and search thru what I have.

My question: I just bought one of the CGAxis complete libraries. I plan to go thru it and extract all the parts and peices and put them into my various libraries and also render individual previews. This is very time consuming but seems necessary. What do others do in this regard. Do you leave large purchased collections "as is" or do you incorporate them into your own library schemes or....?
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

I sort everything into defined categories as well. Time-consuming, but there is no other way to do - there is no united "system" for everything. Though, for example, libraries like trees (for example iToo The3dGarden) I leave in the ForestPack - they are already nicely organized with previews, descriptions and etc. The same goes for RailClone (for example). But when it comes to "complete" libraries - yes it is a pain.
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Thank you for your reply and comments Oleg. I guess it?s one of the background costs of doing this work. Forest Pack libraries are a great organizer for plants. Seeems like an opportunity for someone to developan asset manager. I know there was one in Max. I tried it but never got traction. Maybe I will, revisit that.

Making sure all the associated maps are in a user map path configuration that works and is manageable by Max is also intrinsic to this. Changing library map directories names or location always comes back to cause problems.
      mark f.
      openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Yeah, it's like that.
        Though you can try using Project Manager by K-Studio. It's quite a good plugin, does its job.
        Available for remote work.
        My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
        X