Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max randomly freezing for 1-2 minutes at a time on scenes with visible Forest Pack objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max randomly freezing for 1-2 minutes at a time on scenes with visible Forest Pack objects

Has anyone encountered this problem? I should note that it only happens if the Forest Pack objects are visible. If I put them in a layer and make it hidden, I don't get the freezes. Admittedly I'm using the latest beta of Forest Pack (so I can render with Vray Next Beta) but the problem started about a year ago while I still had my old Intel i7 workstation and was using official/stable versions of FP only. Now the problem seems to persist with my new workstation. It happens even with extremely simple and light Forest Pack scattering configurations with just a few hundred scattered instances of 3 objects. It is also happening on another PC here (same hardware and software except for the graphics card and display drivers). Any ideas what could be the issue?
    Last edited by Alex_M; 25-03-2018, 02:55 PM.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

I had this for years and was never able to solve it, even after changing my workstation. I tried sending scenes to iToo but they could not replicate the problem.
    It is very annoying but I learnt to live with it by displaying FP objects only when I need to.

mekene

Comment

Working...
    X