Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedural seamless slate stone shader

Hi,
    I'm currently creating a procedural slate shader. I'm still trying out ways to go, to achieve the kind of stepped/layered look. I need it to be purely procedural because it's gonna be used as a floor shader, covering large areas, and at the same time being usable for closer ups or in foreground. Texture solutions always get tiling and low-res artifacts even when taking 8k+ textures.

I just started playing around with bercon noise and while I think I can get somewhere, I was wondering if you guys know any good or battletested way of echieving the following "Bumpmap"-look in the attached images.

I was also wondering if this is something that could be done via OSL? I am no shader programmer, but do you know resources like www.textures.com but for OSL shaders?

Attached Files
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Vray color2bump is waaaaaaaay nicer than any other option quality wise, I'd go the grant warwick route of having three or four different sizes of bercon map too, each having a nice sized pattern for the different camera distances you'll use and then blended together with the smaller levels getting gradually weaker in contribution.

Comment

Working...
    X