Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was around back then? (december 2001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was around back then? (december 2001)

Just wondering. Was thinking about the old days of Vray, when it was a public beta? I think the forum was on a Delphi forum... Who was around back then?... circa 12/2002...

I was around, and I think we all remember Da_Elf from back then Trapezium/J_bug was around too.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I got my first Vray tests dated something like december 2001. Damn...

Mare

Comment

I think around then i was a brazil alpha nerd...hahaha how foolish was I

Comment

Dare a say it but i was Testing Finalrender at the time...
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I was already there and already thought that Vray was more interesting than other packages.
            It was also my first and unique forum interest.
            Vray grew up a lot, but I didn't so much in the same time.

Bye !
            Gael

Comment

I honestly cant recall exactly when I started using vray, but it seems like I was using it circa 12/02. Thats only a little over 2 years ago. I switched from brazil alpha about the time they really stopped releasing public versions, whenever that was. I hated not having the latest when all these others were showing all the new tricks...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

i was testing vray from the 1st day they announced an open beta testing soemthing like the 10th of december 2001 or something like that. or end of november. heck i was going thorugh this hard drive and found VRay0.10.01121301.zip as my oldest vray file on this computer the date next to it is 12/25/2001 10:34pm hehe. was also testing it at work so im sure ive got alot of early beta stuff on their computer as well. but i moved on from that company since then and came back here to barbados

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I was a lurker on the delphi forums, I wonder if I can find any of the 0.0 betas, it would be cool to see how they would run on these faster computers.
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

i dont think i can use my copy of .10xxxx since i think it was for max3 and 4. we used max3 at my old work place. *barf* hehe. but anyone with max3 is welcome to give this file a try. hehe. lets see who can pull up a version of vray older that mine. im sure someone out there has one of the earlier ones than that one

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

I was on to vray roughly around the same time as Da_elf but around mid to late Dec 2001. Hey Elf on that file didn't those older versions have time bombs on them? I cant check here as after I bought vray when it first came up for sale I trashed anything previous to 1.0 but have pretty much everything after that

-dave
                      Cheers,
                      -dave
                      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

those older versions didnt have the time bomb. i think that came out with the 0.5 versions. but there was a 0.5 that came out about 2 builds before 1.0 was released that had a faulty timebomb

EDIT
                        hehe the 0.1 versions didnt have the time bombs but hey. they didnt have much of anything either. i think the free version is way more advanced that the 0.1 versions. maybe vlado can open a novelty section on vrayrender.com and offer the very 1st vray build for people to have fun with hehehe

Comment

Yeah, I remember they were time bombed as well. I must admit that I
                          used the Brazil from it's first alpha too, but changed to VRay when I saw
                          how fast it was compared to Brazil. Do you guys have any "retro" renders
                          lying around in your HDs? It would be nice to see those... i have few, but
                          don't have any place to upload images.

Mare

Comment

this was done during the beta days. not a good render though

hehe and everone recognises this model i assume

hehe found another. not my model but i converted alot for it to render in vray.

Comment

Yeah, I came over from beta testing Brazil when it was called Ghost. I'm so glad Chaos dropped that Delphi forum.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X