Language issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language issues

Ive purchased a 3d scene of a cafe. All maps etc are in chinese or something that looks similar. For some reason they are displayed correctly in max, but windows 7 has changed them to standard gibberish. This means max cant find them. I assume i have to install a language pack for windows or something, but im not even sure of the language. Any tips?

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/pop-chinese
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

thanks, that looks useful.. but i dont think it will help with windows renaming/displaying the filenames using different characters than max.. max displays filenames with chinese characters,a nd windows shows them in random non-chinese text.

means max cant find any of them.. i guess language packs are the way to go.. have to download until i find one that works. so it seems that Max uses a different language pack to windows?

Comment

hm, i think i understand now. so it will remove/replace the chinese characters in max, so it doesnt matter if windows doesnt display them properly. will it also remap the scene to those new filenames? i cant find that info anywhere on the page.

Comment

It's one of those cases that you will never know untill you try
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
          X