Vray Grid/SETI Torrent DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Grid/SETI Torrent DR

A while back, I came up with an idea similiar to this and posted a thread. I'd just thought I'd throw the idea out there again with some modifications. It's just food for thought and something to mentally play with. It's not really dissimilar then grid.org or SETI. Unlike these other groups, in fact it is an attainable goal with no apparent reason why it wouldn't produce results at this present time. I realize this is probably too much work to implement - and I figure it's only a matter of time before either/or:

A) processing power increases on the singular level that other networked computers (DR) are rendered inefficient.
    B) bandwidth increases on a worldwide level that allows the transfer of large files more efficiently.
    C) a program/service is unleashed (such as Backburner on crack) that regulars the said 'concept' above and pays the end user (slaves) in incremental monetary denominations from the requests (owners). The middleman takes the cake as being the 'channeling' service.

It would be really cool if there was a free version of Vray that could act as a Wide Distributed Network for Registered Advanced users only. In exchange for letting these people use Vray free, Advanced users could utilize their processing power on spare cycles. I hate to say it but it's kind of like spyware without the spying. Files would be distributed over the Internet in a manner similiar to Torrent files thereby circumventing point B. I don't think point A is going to be reached for at least another ten years.

I truly forsee someone trying to captialize off a point C.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

if everybody was on a fiber or faster network, it might just be doable....lol

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

egz and i used to network render through the internet back when DR first came around was pretty cool.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

This would get me to uninstall VRAY free quicker than you could blink.....
        Two heads are better than one ...
        ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
        X