Suspicious activity ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspicious activity ?

Over the last few months, i have tried many times to get some support through the chaos support portal - however, I am wondering if the emails have been hacked since at least 8 times now i have been through a process whereby i agree a time (via email exchange) to do a teamviewer support session and every time, the support person either does not show up at all - OR - they send me a link to install TeamViewer, and i then install teamviewer from the link they send me, and then nothing happens - nobody appears to take over the computer or do anything at all. Really, i have no way of knowing if that download is legit - could it be malware disguised as the teamviewer executable ?? This would be a very easy way for someone to trick a person into installing malware. I have experienced email hacks like this in other walks of life, so I am wondering if this could be a thing ?? I am just wondering if anyone else has seen this kind of behaviour from "Chaos Support" ? Seems suspicious to me, although BitDefender has not as yet identified any virus......
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Hey leotchest,

Would it be possible to share a ticket number (or ticket numbers) so we can check in our system whom you've had communication with, etc.? Moreover, what were the issues about? Any additional details would be greatly appreciated!
    Please keep in mind that a month or two ago we had an issue where some tickets were not logged in our internal systems, so that might also have some impact.

Other than that, here you can check our remote sessions workflow - if anyone is asking of you to do anything different than that, best would be to let us know as soon as possible. Thanks!
    Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 15-07-2021, 07:46 AM.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hello. The most recent ticket on this matter was 344-254-0132 "swarm not working".
      I am using two computers but swarm doesnt work - this was previously fixed, but it stopped working again, and i think it might have something to do with the fact that both computers have an ethernet network + a wifi network and that is causing some conflict.
      The teamviewer session did not have a tab for adding my name or for adding a description
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Hello,

We want to apologise for the delay when responding to your issue. You have 2 separate tickets in our system for the same exact issue. The first ticket was closed after a TeamViewer session, you reopen it but the issue was resolved again on its own.

The delay on your current ticket, that is still not resolved, is entirely on us. Few weeks back we had issues with our ticketing system and some of the emails did not register - yours were one of them. About the response you sent us 2 days ago - it seems that my colleague was waiting for you at a different time (5:30 PM), you have sent your response at 6:30 PM Bulgarian time. Still this is not an excuse, we should've contacted you on the next day. We have taken over the ticket and sent you a response there, lets continue the communication through emails.
        Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
        support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X