Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray and vray gpu renders from the experts of chaos group

Hi guys

I was thinking over the weekend that there should be a work from the experts of vray and vray gpu.

For example Konstantin and Peter Chauchev are in vray for sketchup and vray for rhyno

Matanov with vray for 3d max

Muhhamed for vray gpu

Yolov with vray for maya

So each vray for each software has some advantages and some disadvantages at the same time.

Let me explain you why i had this idea

Some months ago i did dozens of renders took time and effort, i did not use depth of field and enviroment fog because i dont have too much experience using this 2 tools. Really slow with depth of field and enviroment fog at the same time.

In camara raw i use super resolution to double the resolution

I render in 3250x2000 aprox. With super resolution i get my renders at 6500x3000 and it looks nice.

I know is not the Best way but using vray gpu to render at 6500x3000 with high settings really takes a lot of time specially for interiors renders.

So when i finish a render i use both cámara raw and then photoshop.

I used the neural filters with photoshop to take the z depth map and then played with it with the filter lens blur and i gave 25% of depth of field thinking it was fine and can give me better results.

But 25 of amount of depth of field was too much and i did really a lot of renders and right now i have to use cámara raw to double again the resolution because i erased the renders with 6500x3000 because i was thinking i could not use it again

But what i have seen is that depth of field looks nice but a really small amount (10% or 5%) ( and not 25 of amount that i used) so i dont loose a lot of details or crisp textures.

So there should be an option to see the experts from chaos group doing a render at the highest level to see how they use complex things like depth of field, atmospherics effects and probably the color management to see acescg in action

Thanks again
    Luis Gamiño
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 06-03-2023, 06:03 PM.

For example vray for 3d max and vray for maya are in another galaxy than vray for sketchup and vray for rhyno, problably because 3d max is so much better than sketchup

Same goes for rhyno and maya, i dont use both, but i can imagine maya is better than rhyno

For example with vray for maya you dont have the scatter chaos while vray for 3d max already has it

So renders from vray for max, maya, sketchup and rhyno should look different.

So we need a kind of examples to see in front of a mirror from the experts of vray in what kind of aspects we should get an improve not only the users of vray but at the same time the developers.

For example there should be a big difference doing a garden with vray for 3d max and vray for maya, since vray 6 for maya did not get the scatter feature.

Also for example vray enviroment fog should be a lot better with vray for maya than vray for sketchup since enviroment fog is more complex with vray for maya than vray for rhyno

Also over the weekend i spent a lot of time watching a lot of 3d pages from render experts just to see how they use enviroment fog and depth of field.

What i saw was a real surprise, both looks nice but a really small amount.

Because in real life this kind of things exist.
    we dont see too much really crisp things they are a bit blur especially for the things you see in first plane.

For example i remembered 2 renders from Muhhamed, really nice renders in both he used a really small amount of enviroment fog or small depth of field.

I still remember a bedroom and a room with small toys kind of space for a children

I hope i made clear

Last edited by luisgamino2; 06-03-2023, 06:31 PM.

Comment

For example i remembered 2 scenes...

1 for the vray 5 update 2 an amazing scene and animation in a kind of a forest...When i saw this video i was depple afeccted by the scene...beautiful scene, soberbely expressed.

You really could feel the forest, in that scene you used everything from vray, that is what im talking about please bring this kind of scenes to a render so we can see where we are and at the same time in which part we should get better.

2 scene vray 5 for sketchup, the last scene with a lot of departments and a lot of trees and lights.

Wowww with that scene really amazing stuff.

Please share in the gallery forum this kind of scenes rendered so we can see the software at the highest level

I dont know probably in the gallery forum in a special section

This is not only for me, a lot of People dont have a sense or a clue what is a real render in the highest quality and some times we have to enter to behance or 3d pages for renders to see renders in a very proffesional way.

You are who develop the software and who knows how works the software.

Who better than you guys, the people from chaos group!!!

Thanks
      Best regards
      Last edited by luisgamino2; 06-03-2023, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X