Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Upgrade for Corona 9 Advice

Hi everyone,

I work with 3DS Max 2020 and have a Nvidia 1060 GPU with 64GB of RAM.
    I'm considering upgrading to a new Nvidia RTX 4080.
    Can anyone tell me if I will see any benefits to my workflow with this GPU upgrade?
    I know Corona only uses CPU rendering, so the upgrade will have no benefit while rendering final images, but I was hoping this upgrade will speed up perspective view rotation, general interactive rendering, toggling settings while interactive rendering and hopefully more.
    If anyone can tell me the benefits I can expect (if any), that would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Michal

Hi, I would say Nvidia RTX 4080 is a bit of an overkill for general work. It depends what you do but it is a powerful piece of hardware and very capable for rendering.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
      Hi, I would say Nvidia RTX 4080 is a bit of an overkill for general work. It depends what you do but it is a powerful piece of hardware and very capable for rendering.
      Thank you for your reply Vladimir.
      I know it is a powerful GPU, but I am quite set on it as I'd like it for other reasons also.
      Having said that, as far as architectural visualisation work in 3ds Max with Corona 9, do you have any idea what improvements I can expect if I upgrade from the 1060 to the 4080?
      Diky

Comment

Working...
      X