Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOME LIGHT setting

Hello,
    I have watched some videos on youtube regarding the Dome light used in Vray for Rhino / Sketchup. The visualizations on the video looked very realistic, which was always my approach. It was done by setting the Dome light to very high values like 100, 150, or sometimes to 200 when HDRI was too cloudy. I tried it too and I have to say, the visualizations were much better. I used to apply rectangular lights in front of every window combined with Dome Light set up to value 2 max in my previous projects.
    The problem is, the render time of scene lighting set by Dome light 100-200 takes dramatically longer. Is it caused by the high value of Dome light or by the scene?

Hi, thanks for posting. Higher values for your lights can definitely increase render times. To what extent depends on the scene and settings. Are you sure that you can not achieve the desired look by other means than going overboard with the dome light multiplier? Maybe you could share some examples of your work, what you want to achieve, what hdri texture are you using and camera settings?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X