My Disappointment with Chaos Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Disappointment with Chaos Group

I was one of the few archviz professionals I know who didn't migrate to Corona and persisted with v-ray, believing that it would be better one day. After four years using it, I have some complaints to make:
    The V-ray default configuration does not work in any case, it always has to be adjusted to achieve a minimally decent result, it is always necessary to use a LUT, change the camera aperture, correct the exposure, etc. It would be much easier if there were presets ready for indoor and outdoor scenes, for example. Post production presets etc.
    I know presets can be saved, but cmon no one wants to spend time on that. Chaos Scans is practically useless because people buy ready-made objects, and there are no architectural materials, which I believe is a lost opportunity, in addition to being difficult to import them.
    The phoenix FD should have beach wave presets. And to be worth the price, the v-ray should at least have Vantage integrated. And Chaos Cosmos has a lot of bad quality mixed with good, and we have to keep testing each one to see if it works. Just remove the low quality ones or separate them as "bad quality models/materials". The Vray Toon material appears to be from cave times. And automatically charging for vray is wrong, as the value of the product is very high, and someone may simply not see this activated, as was my case. Thanks

Hi, thanks for posting. Your thread is in the wrong section, I will move it if you don't mind.

one of the few archviz professionals
    I am not sure what you mean here, there are thousands of V-Ray and Corona users.

The V-ray default configuration does not work in any case
    Could you give us a few examples from your experience about what worked and what did not?

presets ready for indoor and outdoor scenes, for example. Post production presets etc.
    I agree this can be useful. We will discuss it. If you have the time, please open a separate thread about this in your host app's section (for example V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Chaos Scans is practically useless because people buy ready-made objects
    This could be true for archviz but V-Ray serves in many industries not just archviz.

Chaos Cosmos has a lot of bad quality mixed with good
    There are margins to what models can be uploaded in Cosmos and what not. Every model and every material goes through extensive testing from our dedicated Cosmos 3D team.
    Having said that I hope you will agree that there is still no 3d library in the world today that can replace the quality of a home built models and materials from experienced artists.
    Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 11-12-2023, 02:35 AM.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X