Horrible render element denoiser results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible render element denoiser results

When I set the render elements to denoise, they do, but the quality is horrible in some renders. It's still noisey, sometimes blotchy, and barely smoothing it out. The RGB denoise looks fine, it's just the render elements like reflection and specular. Do lighter value images have a harder time denoising? After watching a render finish, I was reading the messages at the bottom of the frame buffer. And when it was denoising, it said it was "Denoising 6 render elements based on RGB color". Does that mean it is using the RGB color pass to denoise the render elements, and not the extra elements that are created to do the denoising? Or is it using those passes and the message is just worded weird? If it isn't using them, is there a way to force them to?

Are you ticking denoise in each render element, in the render elements tab? Scroll down to the bottom. They have to be set to do denoise individually.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSHP View Post
      Are you ticking denoise in each render element, in the render elements tab? Scroll down to the bottom. They have to be set to do denoise individually.
      Yes. It also wouldn't give me the message that it was denoising the render elements if I did not have that box checked. Like I said, they do denoise, it's just a horrible result in some cases.

Comment

Working...
      X