Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function in the Chaos forum

Hi everyone,

I have difficulties with the search function in the forum. (Registered user.) Most of the time I search for an expression consisting of several words. Even though I put them in quotation marks, I get results in which only one word from this expression appears. This makes it almost impossible to find what I am looking for.
    How can I make the search more efficient?​

honestly I find most forum searches to be less than ideal. If it's a forum that is publicly viewable, I find it easier to search through google. you can put site: https://forums.chaos.com at the end of your search, and it'll limit the searching to just that website.
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately the search functionality in the platform we are using vBulletin is not that great and even simple operations like searching by multiple keywords with AND operator does not provide good results.
      We are looking how we can improve on that but until we have a solution I can confirm Buck's suggestion to search using Google search engine gives very good results.

Chaos Forums are well indexed by Google and other popular search engines and it's usually easier to find information using them compared to vBulletin search.
      Just add https://forums.chaos.com​ as a website filter and the keywords you are interested in.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the "site: forums.chaos.com" trick! Is there any way to automatically append the site: or save some sort of bookmark for this type of search?

Comment

Working...
        X