Masterclasses - recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masterclasses - recording

Honestly, it is just ridiculous that in 2024 you're giving masterclasses and don't record them (or at least don't share those recordings). So far I missed all but one, because I work and have a life and didn't find the time at the time of the classes.

The summaries that are provided after each lesson are ...worthless. It's not a summary, it's a sneak peek of what was given with zero information or summarization.

Also the fact that you give out the scene files, after the lesson, while not providing the information either in original video format or in the summary,...is just stupid.

Take a look at how Itoo (ForestPack and RailClone) provide their lessons. Scene files + Video + Textual explanation. For EVERYONE to download and watch.

Not sure why, but if you're already willing to provide these classes for free, why not take it a step further and just put it all publically.

You don't want your users to be able to work with your software as best as possible?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

I missed them all so far.

I guess their reason for doing it this way is that it's to create some perceived added value that.....nope, I give up...I have no idea why they chose to do this tbh
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

I caught one, but it was an Apple-type announcement, which I didn't understand.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

The person who presents is excellent x10. I have gotten something from each class. Agree the summary could be improved.

The price is right.

Would be great to have it recorded so it could be watched later. Not sure why that's so but I suspect there are reasons.
        mark f.
        openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on the masterclass series with Creative Lighting. We really aim to make these live sessions interactive and engaging. Every class ends with a Q&A that can sometimes last even longer than the class itself. The class is about diving into the discussions, getting the insights that you just don’t find in recordings.

As for the materials provided after each class not hitting the mark for everyone, especially if you couldn’t make it to the live session -- we're looking into how we can do better here.
          We really want everyone to feel part of these sessions, live or not. Your feedback means a lot and helps us improve.

Last edited by Ana.Savova; 09-04-2024, 03:03 AM.

Comment

There are official Vray master classes? For free? Totally missed this...Id be very interested. I echo the point that if they are free, its odd theyre not recorded and released after the live session.
            Website
            https://mangobeard.com/
            Behance
            https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Originally posted by Ana.Savova View Post
              Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on the masterclass series with Creative Lighting. We really aim to make these live sessions interactive and engaging. Every class ends with a Q&A that can sometimes last even longer than the class itself. The class is about diving into the discussions, getting the insights that you just don’t find in recordings.

As for the materials provided after each class not hitting the mark for everyone, especially if you couldn’t make it to the live session -- we're looking into how we can do better here.
              We really want everyone to feel part of these sessions, live or not. Your feedback means a lot and helps us improve.

Hi,

Just to comment as I've been trying to watch them as well but sometimes just can't fit it in. It's nicely presented and worth a watch imo. However, surely the Q&A session is just a continuation of the presentation given and therefor is nothing more than continuing to record what's going on on the screen? A bit late for the sessions that have been, but maybe an option for the next ones.

Comment

Love to see VRay content, but as a veteran, I also like to watch it at double speed and skip to parts I don't know about so I can learn something without spending tons of time.

Due to my schedule I wasn't able to watch a single live session.

For professionals, recordings are much nicer than live events.

My $0.02

Thanks.

Comment

Love to see VRay content, but as a veteran, I also like to watch it at double speed and skip to parts I don't know about so I can learn something without spending tons of time.

My two cents.

Thanks.

Comment

My two cents.

Thanks.​

Comment

My two cents.

Thanks.​

Comment

That's about $0.08

Comment

Originally posted by Ana.Savova View Post
                          Hello everyone,

Obviously if you missed it - you cannot be in the live Q&A, and you can track how many people downloaded it anyway. So....what's the real reason behind not providing it? Creative Lighting asked too much for that?
                          Available for remote work.
                          My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Originally posted by dean_dmoo View Post
                            That's about $0.08
                            hahaha! Sorry about that.

Silly forum kept throwing errors and not showing my post.

Comment

So tomorrow, there's another masterclass I can't attend myself or record. Anyone up for recording it for me using OBS studio or something and throwing it online?
                              A.

---------------------
                              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                              X