Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange phenomenon regarding TY velocity channel in Vray

3dsmax2024 Vray6 Update2.1

A simple scene is created in TYFlow to create a TYCACHE.
    Then when I start rendering, the velocity channel is acting funny. The velocity channel is still maxed even though the object is slowing down.

However, when rendering with the F9 button, the velocity channel is displayed correctly.

In other words, the F9 button rendering and rendering produce different results.

This may be a Vray issue, as I have questioned on the TY forum

We have uploaded a detailed description of the phenomenon at the link.
    We would appreciate it if you could check it out.

The solution at this stage is to stack any modifier in TYcache and make it react as a single mesh, the speed is correct, but I am having trouble with rendering time and VrayMultisubTEX By instanceID not reacting.​​

Mind if you attach (or send) the tyCache file so we can troubleshoot? Also, in the tyCache's Mesh Overrides, there's an option called "Treat as single mesh" that you could try.
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 17-06-2024, 01:05 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

hermit.crab​ File sent. Please check it out

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. The issue is reproducible. It seems to stem from the Render Instances mode (tyCache> Render > Rendering). Mesh mode yields the wished results.
        Rendering Instances have been problematic for a while now due to tyFlow doing the CPU rendering in V-Ray itself. If you render Instances in STD (V-Ray menu > .vrscene export > Export and Render) hence with V-Ray, you'll notice identical to Mesh mode results.
        Did Tyson reply back?
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for verifying the issue.
          I will re-examine the issue as soon as possible.

I have already uploaded the issue to the TY forum about this problem.
          However, no response yet.

I hope it will be improved.
          Thank you very much.​

Comment

hermit.crab
            I immediately tried the .vrscene exporter.
            When exported & rendered, it did indeed display correctly. 
            However, if the actual scene is complex, with multiple dome lights, multiple TY caches, long lengths, large resolutions, etc., I think it is possible to solve the problem by exporting the scene together and applying network rendering, but I am not sure how to do network rendering I didn't know how to do it. I would have trouble with just local rendering.

Also, when I export and import, only one teapot is imported, with no animation or duplication effects!​​

Comment

Working...
            X