Dark spots on rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark spots on rendering

I'm new to Vray on Rhino and am having difficulty with a simple rendering which is showing dark spots on the wall, floor and ceiling surfaces:

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...testlight3.jpg

Any ideas how to solve this problem? ???
    Dark spots
    0%
    rendering difficulties
    0%

Re: Dark spots on rendering

your irradiance map (or light cache) settings are too low. post them if you need help adjusting them. here's a writeup on IRmap:

http://www.lookinglass.us/vray4rhino...ce+Map+Quality
    emil mertzel
    vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

I would be careful with the samples, that makes the GI solution blurry. At the tutorial forum -> starterkit you will find some hints too. I wouldn't touch the (interpolation) samples to much and increase the IM subdivs only. My typical values are approx.:

subdiv samples
      30 20
      90 20
      120 30
      180 40
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I'm 100% agree with Micha. If you increase the samples to much you are going to blurry the GI solution and lose details.

Comment

interesting. i never noticed a problem with increasing samples - unless Hsph Subdivs was not also being increased. but i almost never use values over 100 for samples. since it's not part of the IM pass i often tweak it in a separate pass, but i've not tried using really high subdivs with lower samples, i'll check it out. thanks for the tip...
          emil mertzel
          vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

Working...
          X