Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else experience these error messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else experience these error messages?

Just got my WIBU key in the mail and decided to install Vray for sketchup version 2.0... I'm running Windows 8 and Sketchup Pro 8. I checked out Vray 2.0 demo to make sure that things would work. They did. Then I made the plunge and bought it... Darn Vray keeps giving me this "GUI license missing..." message every time I start Sketchup. Please see below for what I'm talking about. Anyone else had this problem? I've already been through the installation PDF guide and troubleshooting sections. I even downloaded the 64bit WIBU key drivers and installed that.

Error message (verbatum)
    1. Can not start VRLService application due to another instance running.
    ^^ I get this when I try to start the license launcher.

2. Unable to checkout V-Ray GUI licence- ensure your license server is running and you have GUI licenses available.
    ^^ Happens when I open sketchup

I sent in a support ticket tonight, hopefully I'll hear back from chaos or aSGVis in a couple of days. having a grrr moment.....

Hello Sharpie,

The first error message "Can not start VRLService application due to another instance running" is nothing to worry about. If the VRLService is already running than you are good, you do not need to start it again.

The second error means that V-Ray couldn't find a license, usually it comes with a number code that we can use to tell you more. Most commonly the license server application (VRLService from above) is not running, we know that is not your problem though, I just mention it for posterity.

If you open a web browser on the computer that has the dongle connected can you access the address http://localhost:30304 as shown starting on page 8 of the install manuals linked below?
    http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/help...ll%20guide.pdf
    ^Windows
    http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/help...ll%20guide.pdf
    ^Mac

If you can access the page then make sure that you see "V-Ray for SketchUp" clearly listed on the page with the table of licenses on the dongle and that you have at least 1 seat. If you do not go back to that manual and follow the steps to generate a context file and send it to us via your support ticket.

If you can not access the page try turning off the windows firewall and trying again, if it works without the firewall you'll need to add VRLService to the list of exceptions.
    Last edited by -Keith; 27-02-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response! I even got a reply for my support ticket about the errors. I will try your suggestions first, as it deals with checking for an available license and disabling a firewall (and/or adding an exception) The support ticket response is having me replace/ update a file on my WIBU key.

Comment

updating the dongle may not be necessary, but it will ensure you have the proper license information on the dongle. Also, I don't think you mentioned if you have the dongle plugged directly in to your machine that is running V-Ray for SketchUp, or if you have it plugged in elsewhere. That is useful information when troubleshooting this issue.
        Best regards,
        Devin Kendig
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I definitely had it plugged in. I even did an UN install and ran CC cleaner, deleted all the folders left behind in programdata and in program files x86. After all that mess, I did a clean install. I still had the same error messages. I followed the steps in the support ticket email, and am just waiting for the return .txt file. Hope this all works. Wish I could've uploaded an image.

Comment

Ok, so it's plugged in to your local machine, and not another machine on your local network. That's what I was trying to figure out. You should be up and running shortly then
            Best regards,
            Devin Kendig
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I went through the the whole process of retrieving a special "context" file, and sent it in to chaos group 2 days ago. Haven't heard anything from them.. I'm sending that file they requested AGAIN today. If I don't get anything back by Monday, I'm getting a refund. It shouldn't be this difficult to install a piece of software! I've done WIBU key installs for FORMZ, that program was crap! Vray is not a crap program, but what is up with needing to jump through these hoops?!? I don't wanna hear about people ripping off the software or getting cracks... Major software corporations are still getting ripped off.... this installation process is ridiculous.

Comment

Hello Tiffany, I found your ticket and sent the response file. Let us know if you need anything else.

Comment

Great.

I got the file this morning. Plugged in the WIBU key, double clicked the .rtu file, opened sketchup, and I still recieved the "GUI license missing..." blah blah error message. I restarted the computer thinking it just needed to adopt the changes. I plugged in the WIBU key, started Sketchup, same response... after another hour of troubleshooting, I was able to get VRAY to run properly in sketchup. The .rtu file helped, I'm sure. But there were a few things I needed to do after. Anyway, its all good, and it all works now. Thank you very much for pushing my license errors along and being diligent.

Hope this thread can help out others who have the same problem.

Comment

I have installed Sketchup 2016 and Vray for it but it give an error when I open Sketchup

Comment

Could you be more specific? I think you might want to send support@chaosgroup.com. With out more detail its tough to diagnose the issue.
                      Best,
                      Ted Vitale
                      V-Ray for SketchUp
                      Product Manager | V-Ray SketchUp

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                      X