Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayMesh Object ID

Hi,
    can i get more info on how vrayRE_Object_ID(vrayClassType=nodeIDChannel) pass works with VrayMesh(Proxy) ?

It works just like with normal objects - you can add objectID attributes to the shape of the proxy, once it's imported into the scene, and it will appear with its ID in the ObjectID render element.
    In addition, if there was already and objectID attribute assigned to the geometry before it was converted to proxy, it will be kept within the proxy and it will be ready and used for rendering with that proxy, without the need to assign additional attributes. You can also override the objectID of such a proxy, by simply assigning a new objectID attribute to its shape once imported to the scene.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

How can i randomize objectID of duplicate of VRProxy ?

*Export Maya Anim to alembic
      *create VRProxy of alembic
      *Import VRProxy multiple times or duplicate.
      *render objectID..In Result..every mesh under VRProxy should get random ID/Color.

Comment

Do you want to store multiple objects with different object ids in a single vrmesh or abc file?
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Comment

We don't currently have a way to do this; in other use cases, people would prefer if the object IDs are not random. We could add an option to the object ID element to randomize with respect to the render ID as well - would this work for you?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok cool, For now is there any alternative hack using OSL shader or anything else?

Comment

You could output both the Object ID and the Render ID, and do some kind of mix in Nuke, I guess.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Is there a way to set the object id of proxy objects similar to how shaders can be applied with the vraymeshtml?

Comment

What do you mean by this? You want to override the object id of a particular object inside the proxy?
                    As far as I know this is not possible.
                    It is only possible to set an object id that is applied to all objects in the proxy.
                    V-Ray developer

Comment

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
                      What do you mean by this? You want to override the object id of a particular object inside the proxy?
                      Yes. This feature would allow us to further contain objects within proxy objects.

Currently we have one proxy object per object in the scene in our pipe which is becoming restrictive for some of the larger environments we will soon see.

Comment

We are working on ways to override various attributes of the objects inside a proxy with a separate geometry overrides file, so hopefully it will be possible at some point. How urgently do you need this? I'm currently working on the material assignments part still.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Great! That would definitely benefit the workflow on these next projects which start in Jan. So if we get it by December that would work well for us..

Comment

Working...
                          X