Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this AA problem? please help!

Hi,

This is a region out of a huge rendering (25,000 px) that had this problem which i couldn't solve. the rendering in general was fine except for some chamfered edges that were catching a lot of light were this problem appeared.

I increased the settings (Too much) and it didn't help. so could you please point out what is the possible cause(s) for this and how solve it? i am using Vray 3.40.

Thanks a lot

Looks like an AA problem, sometimes it happens to me with edges of bright rectangular lights. Did you try activating sub-pixel mapping under color mapping tab?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i activated it. didn't help.

Comment

You should get better AA if you turn on "Clamp output" but you will lost the dynamic of the image. You can try set it to a larger value than 1 in example 2-4 and check whether it will still fix the issue while you still have some dynamic left. Also make sure that you are not using sharpening filters as Mitchell-Netravali in example.
        You can also smooth this area with lens effects.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko.Keremidchiev View Post
          You should get better AA if you turn on "Clamp output" but you will lost the dynamic of the image. You can try set it to a larger value than 1 in example 2-4 and check whether it will still fix the issue while you still have some dynamic left. Also make sure that you are not using sharpening filters as Mitchell-Netravali in example.
          You can also smooth this area with lens effects.
          Seems that clamp output will work only in combination with sub-pixel mapping, and only if the clamp output is set to 1.0, any increase above one makes the problem appear again.

Comment

when you have samples that are well above 1 the image sampler has to do a lot of work to resole that.
            On a camera image sensor a similar thing is happening it's just that these intense highlights will bloom/spill out into the neighbouring sensor pixel, so the options are either subpixel map and clamp like CG_Utopian said or in comp luma key those hot pixels and add blur/glow. This would simulate what a camera sensor is doing.

Comment

Working...
            X