Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayVectorDisplBake

Hey Vlado,

In Vray 3.4 for 3dsmax there’s a utility called ‘VRayVectorDisplBake’. I can’t find the same utility node in Maya. Does this exist in Maya Vray or will it in the future? We are running 3.30.02.

I didn’t see anything in the change logs for subsequent Vray Maya versions but I could have missed it.

Thanks,
    David
    David M. Foster

No, we don't have it in Maya although it's fairly easy to code it... can you explain a bit what you want to do with it?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Thanks for your quick reply. We have a fairly intricate object that we'd like to generate a vector displacement map for. We're hoping to point V-ray at a plain and the object, and generate the delta. My understanding is that the VRayVectorDisplBake utility provides that exact functionality -is that correct? Or is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks for your help.
      David
      David M. Foster

Comment

Is the base object specifically a plane? There might be ways to do that in Maya as it is, maybe involving reference meshes or something.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We have the transfer maps tool between a source and target mesh, but this only supports regular displacement. Is that the tool you are thinking of?

Comment

Working...
          X