Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI in animation

Hi to all
    i'm user of a vray 1.09 i have to do a flyaround video of an exterior house. How i have to do or what i can do for speed the process of GI? actually i use irradiance and direct computing, and i make a gi pass for every frame. is there any possibility for calculate the gi of the entire house and reuse them on all the frames?, a lot of thanks....

urgent!

please, this is urgent, i have to do a flyaround video of about 2 minutes, and for now calculating for every frame the gi solution takes more than 7 minutes and i have 6 days to finish it. i only want to know how to make only one pass of gi at the first and reuse them (i probe to do, but the gi only is calculated for the face than i see when i make the first render, when i reuse this for another shot of different angle i see bounces and no gi) please, some coment or tutorial for see it!

Thanks

Comment

save the irr map every 15th frame ... incremental add .... then render from that saved map.
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Hey Natty... I think that neither Vray free or VrayDemo support saving your Irradiance map... I may be wrong... so he may be SOL.

Comment

thanks natty. no i have complete vray.
          well, im not sure if i do it properly.
          on advanced irradiance map, i only select incremetal add to current frame. and there is an option of sample mape 15 or similar that i keep it as default.
          i make than only compute the gi., but computer calculate every frame of animation. is it correct? dont compute every 15th frame how you say natty. But after the first frame now go so fast. also go to 15 seconds per frame,..... and i have 8500 frames of animation, im not sure if i can speed more it.
          A lot of thanks for the replies.

Comment

ups, sorry, well i do it, the anterior was an stupid ask. i make the gi with 7 hours, not bad.
            Thanks to all

Comment

Working...
            X