Is there Vray instancer in MAYA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there Vray instancer in MAYA?

I'm looking for a same function in MAYA ,as Vray instancer in Vray 3dsMax.
    I want to realize what making geometry instance with Vray proxy particles in Maya.
    Does Vray maya have same or similar function to it?

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...+VRayInstancer

thanks!

You can just use the regular Maya Instancer object, which was pretty much the inspiration for the VRayInstancer in 3ds Max.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for replying Vlado!
      But I'm wondering that Maya Instancer only accept particle type obejct, but Vray proxy is represented as surface geometry in MAYA, even if the data is just points.

Comment

I apologize I should have more detail of my situation.
        I exported particles data via Alembic from Houdini and I imported it with Vray proxy. The data only has points, no surface geometry.

Thanks!
        Last edited by JunAtfx; 22-02-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure I fully understand what you need to do. Are you trying to instance vray proxies that load houdini particles?
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

I think the issue here is that the V-Ray Proxy loads the particles as a geometry shape node rather than a nParticle node. Maya's Instancer is looking for a specific attribute (Instance Data --> Instance Point Data) on the shape node of the particles that (I assume) provides the particle transformation data.
            The shape nodes of regular geometry don't have it.

JunAtfx , I while ago I was playing with the Houdini Engine and managed to get the Houdini points to load properly, and even to bring in the orientation attributes from Houdini and remap them to the nParticles for the Instancer to use. Please give that a shot and drop us a message if you need further help. I don't have the files around but if you need an example, I'll try to make something for you.
            gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks guys, Gosho.Genchev understands what I wanted to tell exactly.
              I will put some sample files for you later, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X