Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog parameter

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the fog parameter a bit better.

Is there any difference in for example fog=0.9 with a very desaturated red fog color, and fog=0.05 and a very saturated red fog color?

I can get very similar looks (testing with clear refractions) with the two, but is there anything else that is physically diferent?

Also when you use a fog color, is it wise to also use a colored refraction color? Or is it best to use only grey tones for refraction and do the rest with fog color? Or vice versa?

I started testing with translucency, which seems to depend a lot on the fog color, but I don't know what I'm doing with all the different color slots, so that's why I first wanna know more about fog color and multiplier. I hope someone can provide the theoretical background behind this, in normal 'human' language

thanks for any help,

wouter
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Re: fog parameter

Also when you use a fog color, is it wise to also use a colored refraction color? Or is it best to use only grey tones for refraction and do the rest with fog color? Or vice versa?
    Using a color in refraction is the same as having the object covered in a thin transparent colored layer of varnish (we had some glass stuff from IKEA that is made this way). This gives you a uniform coloring, since the colored layer has the same thickness everywhere. While with fog you get the color in the glass itself, with thickness dependent absorption effects and all. Use one - or both - it all depends on the look you want.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Working...
    X