Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achieving Hand Drawn Sketch Style

Hello Everyone,

I have a client that is looking for the complete opposite of photo realism for an architectural animation/fly through. They want to come as close as possible to some hand drawn sketches by their architect. So not really toon/cell shaded and not water colour, but something closer to something drawn with a multi-colour pen or pastel pencils.

Can this be achieved with the toon shader from VRAY 5? Any examples that exist? I've having a tough time finding something online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's hard to imagine what they are expecting but off the top of my head I can think of 2 methods; one is to use 'sketch' textures on toon materials or regular ones, so e.g. cross hatch textures.
    The attached is a test I did for a technical animation, so that method could work quite well.
    The other method would be toon lines. possibly solid colour also, then overlaid onto a static background of cross hatching or similar.
    Might look odd unless you multi-layer it with various sizes to indicate depth...could get complicated
    I'd go for option A
    Attached Files
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
    X