Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how render RMA in vray ?

hello,

as i understand RMA stands for roughness, metallic , ambient occlusion.
    can someone explain me how i can get it rendered in vray for max?

thanks for help !
    thomes

this is a "rendering" ? i found called RMA placed in all 3 areas in a game engine.... glossiness, metallness and ambient occlusion :

Click image for larger version  Name:	RMA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	197.3 KB ID:	1095831
    Last edited by thomes; 14-12-2020, 03:09 PM.

as i understand this is Channel Packing (RMA) Each channel in the RMA is an input into BSDF shader.

so this maybe cannot be rendered out form 3d packages ... yet. AO and glossiness ok, but how can i render out the metalness map from vray?

found this for the creation of RMA maps out of the 3 passes :

open Photoshop and create a document of required resolution.(512 ) (1024 ) (2048 )

The bring in your three texture maps, roughness, metallic, ambient occlusion.

Stack them up in layers in this order Roughness > Metallic > Ambiance.

then select each texture map and open its blending option.

choose a red channel and omit the rest for roughness map, the only green channel for metallic and blue for ambiance.

If your textures are in gray scale make sure their mode is changed to RGB.

You'll end up in texture similar to bellow. Now you have a single map with three texture channels. it greatly reduce the no of maps for your project. Im afraid you can't combine the height map as it is usually the 8-bit greyscale map.

When in the material just separate out its R G B channels to respective Roughness, Metallic, and Ambient occlusion.
    Last edited by thomes; 15-12-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Yes, such textures are done through channel packing. Baking metalness is currently not supported directly and only works with simple materials, check this post here for the workaround. We do have an improvement request logged (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-10226), I'll bump it additionally.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X