Black Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Room

Ive got a bathroom im modeling where the client chose a black granite floor and wall treetment. the room is still white though. but with all my lights being downlights it means the light to light the room needs to go down. bounce off the walls and floor then bounce back up and light the roof. with a system like vray this isnt possible since black surfaces bounce black color off of it and it wont light the roof. I was going to try caustics however that might take forever to do. besides faking it. anyone have any other suggestions?

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

perhaps, it's my personnal suggest, there isn't real full black in true life. black is seen with reflexion and specular, black would be tint of grey, only black matte surface haven't contrast.
    But I had never try this.
    Your roof is also black?
    Good luck with this hard lighting.
    =:-/
    Laurent

Comment

the wall is black with reflections since its a polished granite. however its not really full black its using noises, smokes and cels to give the granite texture but really the highest i have it is at a grey level of 23. and nothing is 0 black. but still its really dark. i tried a test with a spot shinning on a wall thats really dark and having reflections and turned on caustics and there was no light bouncing off the wall onto the white floor i put there

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

I would probably calculate the irrad map using an ovevrride material for everything.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Haven't tried this, but would a shellac material bounce light as you describe?
          sigpic
          J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
          https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

dont know. how would that work? try this. create a simple room and make walls and floors black reflective and a white room. imbed a downlight in the roof and see if you can get that light to light up the roof

Comment

well here is my best attempt i had to have 8 lights outside the walls to simulate extra bounced light
              edit
              opps. forgot to post the image.here it is

Comment

Could you try the old "white material, calc and save IR map, re-apply original material, render" trick?

Comment

not with interpolated glossies

Comment

Mmm what about applying the white materail only on the walls and floor. In your last render there doesnt seem to be any glossies as the reflection appears fairly sharp....or am i missing something? (probabaly the later)

Comment

I think the only way to get round this is to render it out and play with it in PS .. But then again you will only really be able to enhance the white's.
                      Natty
                      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

You could could place your dark materials inside a vray material wrapper and increase the generate GI multiplier.

Comment

ive already found a nice work around posted in the tutorial tips and tricks section

Comment

Working...
                          X