Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold reflection are over saturated

hello,

I have a question, in my renders with Vray5, my gold refections are more and more satured than my main gold.
    look at this sample with pink gold. reflections going to red.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-13_14-02.png
Views:	550
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1098713
    Any idea how to solve this in shader instead of post production ?

thanks you

GHiOM = Guillaume Gaillard
    freelance 3D artist
    www.ghiom.com

I state that I am a user of blender forgotten by chaos after buying a license,but basically the shader of gold is pretty simple, a yellow not too satured in diffuse channel and metallic turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by marcoz View Post
      I state that I am a user of blender forgotten by chaos after buying a license,but basically the shader of gold is pretty simple, a yellow not too satured in diffuse channel and metallic turned on.
      thanks you that's already what i did. light color in diffuse, metalic = 1 in reflection. when my gold is reflecting on himself it's turn oversaturated.

freelance 3D artist
      www.ghiom.com

Comment

If you want to be accurate, you need to take data from "refractiveindex.info" or equivalent site.
        For convenience, we have the most relevant data up on this manual page.

Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

^Lele^ THanks you, i understand, my colors are too saturated and my ocio is wrong, so .. if i modifiy the exposure and ocio and everything, everything is to much saturated, i can desat my gold colors and ... ok need to redo everything from scratch hahaaha .. .
          freelance 3D artist
          www.ghiom.com

Comment

The result in your image is most likely correct, if a pink metal reflects a white color then the reflection will be pink, but if reflects a pink color then this will be summed on top of the pink gold base giving you a red tint.
            I've made this a couple days ago for my metal collection and as you can see as soon as the gold reflects itself the color gets very saturated, I can assure that physical sample behave exactly like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	gold pure used3a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	593.1 KB ID:	1099138Click image for larger version  Name:	gold pure used4a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	294.8 KB ID:	1099139
            3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
            NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
            www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
            @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

sirio76 thanks , you're right nice renders !!
              freelance 3D artist
              www.ghiom.com

Comment

Working...
              X