Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render farm seting up

Hello,
    As I was unable to find relevant posts, I am writing here.
    Does anyone know what is specific needs to run RENDER FARM for V-Ray ... I found out that it is possible if someone has multiple GPUs but then again I got info from another person at AUTODESK that I MUST use both CPU with GPU and that is not possible to have only GPU render farm (but as I have few machines that are not being used with 8 - 16 GB RAM, AMD CPU (AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor) and few of the MSI AMD RX Radeon 570 4 GB and XFX AMD RX Radeon 470 8 GB GPUs and would love to rent it out to AUTODESK as Render farm, so can anyone provide the steps and the requirements on doing so ?

Thank You

(I got advice on "Deadline", but I could nowhere find how to obtain that software or register ... and CHAOS group sent me to search forums for info on how to set it up ...)

Not sure I'm following but you want to rent your computers to Autodesk? Why would Autodesk want to rent your farm? Is this a thing?

Besides that computers with 8-16GB of ram aren't really up to the task of functioning as good render farm computers.

Deadline: https://www.awsthinkbox.com/deadline
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Well, it can easilz be upgraded to 32 or 64 gigs of ram, but yes, I am interested in renting to autodesk but I am not sure how to do that and not even they know .... so somehow I do believe I was scammed by autodesk

Comment

Not sure who gave you that information, but I've never heard of it. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's not true ofcourse, it would just suprise me immensely.

For a farm I'd suggest a minimum of 64-128GB RAM though. Look at the setup of rebusfarm servers: https://us.rebusfarm.net/en/company/about-us

And about the other specs of your computers not sure if they are up to par either.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

So as per link, 1 of my "PCs" can be used to render i9-9900K (16 CPUs), 64 GB RAM, 4x AMD XFX Radeon 580 8 GB ...
          and I can strive to get other to be the same if I succeed in making this one run as render farm .

THX for explanation

Comment

Working...
          X