Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting Corona Translucency Fraction to Vray ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Corona Translucency Fraction to Vray ?

Hi,
    I'm trying to convert a corona material to vray.
    It has a Translucency Fraction map that makes a huge difference in the rendering and I can't find the equivalence in vray.
    If I apply the corona material to the objects and render them in vray, vray converts them on the fly and render them fine.
    This makes me think that Vray does understand what that setting/map is, so I'm trying to find how I can set that up correctly in a vray material to avoid having the on the fly conversion.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Stan
    Stan

Hi Stan,

You should have a reply on your ticket about this request. but will post a copy here just in case.

Here are 2 options that you can use to get the same effect in V-Ray as using translucency fraction in Corona:
    1. VRayMtl
      Enable "Thin-walled" option under refraction
      Set translucency to "SSS"
      Control translucency fraction with the "SSS amount" value
      Note: when using this method, the translucency fraction cannot be mapped. This is solved in the below solution:
    2. VRay2SidedMtl
      Plug your "main" material into the "Front material" slot (it should not have the SSS enabled, it does not need any special settings, it can be just a VRayMtl with a diffuse texture, for example)
      Plug the texture which you wish to use to control the translucency fraction into the "Translucency" slot ("translucencyTex" in the shader network)

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-sss-amount.png Views:	0 Size:	451.9 KB ID:	1131396
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2-vray-2sided.png Views:	0 Size:	540.4 KB ID:	1131397
    Attached Files
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X