Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Velvet Topic

Hi Guys,

i am a bit desprate right now.. I am working for a upholstery Manufactorer and as you can imagine i have alot to do with rendering fabric surfaces. After some testing, most of the "default" fabrics come out relly nice and realistic. But in the three years i am working for this company there is one material which gives me headaches again and again an that is VELVET. I am at this point where i tell myself, that it is not possible with a vray material and there has to be another way to simulate that distincitve directional shining effect. It tried around with different combinations of falloffs, bumps, anisotrophy and a fabric osl shader aswell but i cant get it right. I've attatched a reference images and would ask you, if you have an idea how i can create a material which looks like the one on the photo.
    I am working with vray and 3Ds Max.

You can load a velvet shader from the vray materials and try out different maps in the anisotropy slot.
    They'll add to the varying smudgy properties. So things like blurred grunge-like textures seem to work quite well.
    In one of these examples I added a vrayfur to see the effect...has some potential maybe. Just quick tests so room for improvement
    Attached Files
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
    X