fresnel reflections differ with AA methode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresnel reflections differ with AA methode

playing with flipsides studio setup, i noticed, that the fresnel reflections differ with AA methode.
    what's the reason behind? bug or feature?

-oconv

It's not happening in my tests so I guess you've done something wrong with your material setup or the scene itsself.
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

If you decrease the Cut-off threshold for the reflective material, it will be fine in both modes.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

well. figured it out. seems to be a bug.
        it happens, when the threshold for adaptive subdivision is below 0.1

-oconv

Comment

It's not exactly a bug, as I said, if you decrease the Cut-off threshold of the reflective matrial, it will go away.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Aren't you two talking about two different thresholds? Vlado seems to be refering to the one in the raytracing options in the material, and oconv is talking about the threshold for adaptive AA.
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

Aren't you two talking about two different thresholds? Vlado seems to be refering to the one in the raytracing options in the material, and oconv is talking about the threshold for adaptive AA.
              indeed. so many parameters

increasing the fresnel ior, or lowering the refraction ior makes it also disappear. (aa threshold still on 0.05 and cutoff still on 0.01)

is there any insight, how the two ior values are tight together in case of fresnel reflections?
              what are the two values for "real world" materials like plastic, chrome etc.?

-oconv

Comment

Working...
              X